This site uses embedded maps, that means you can left click on a map, zoom in, zoom out, move around
the map and even switch between; Map, Satellite, Terrain or Earth view. Try it out!

Tour Route

Saturday, July 17, 2010

post ride follow up stories, Oh my aching butt#*&^%$#!!!

After a couple of continuous days on the bike certain parts of your body starts to complain. Even parts of your body that during training didn't offer any issues at all.

For me, and many other riders, the ride into Spokane WA was very painful on the rump. The ride into Spokane was the fourth day of the ride and the second high mileage day, more than 95 miles. My bike seat that has served me well since 2005 became very uncomfortable to ride on. I just had to get some relief or the rest of the ride was not going to be any fun at all. 

I located The a nearby REI and found a padded seat cover. It's the silliest cover that I have ever seen, but it looked soft and crushingly and at that point I didn't really care what it looked like.

The funny seat cover worked just fine. I rode on it for the rest of the trip. Over the next couple of days I noticed that several other bikes began to sport cushy seat covers as well.

Now the question becomes, Do I remove it or leave it on?

No comments:

Post a Comment